I'm still keen on sticking with the paleo thing, but I think my compromise will be a bit of dairy once in a while, I'm comfortable with that. Grass fed organic dairy has a lot of health benefits. And OMG the taste of raw organic grass fed milk just does not compare to anything. But it will still be a once in a while thing.
So anyway, on to the next recipe!
I had another sweet craving, so I adjusted my Strawberry Scramble recipe, and it was the BEST DECISION EVER. When I posted the strawberry scramble, I had said that I used strawberries because I don't get that excited about apple. But I decided to give the apple a go anyway for something different. Now I like this one better. It tastes like apple pie!
Apple Pie Pancake
Ingredients
1/2 an apple
1 medium ripe banana
2 eggs
2 Tblsp coconut milk
1 Tblsp coconut flour
1 Tblsp cashew nut butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon (plus some)
ghee or oil of choice for frying
a pinch or 3 of salt
Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Slice apple thinly and place in one layer, fry until soft and slightly caramelised, then turn. While the apples are cooking, place all other ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the apples, shaking the pan a little so as to get some batter under the apples. Fry until brown and mixture is set on top, then flip like a pancake or omelette.
SOOOO YUMMY!!! The cashew but butter in this recipe is really important, it's what gives the recipe it's "pastry" pie flavour! Do yourself a favour - eat it straight out of the pan!
Jas xo

No comments:
Post a Comment