Hello there! Good to see you. Thanks for dropping by!
Well, it has been 6 days now. I have stuck to Whole30 guidelines like my life depends on it. I guess in a way it does, that's why I'm doing it! All in all it's been pretty easy really, I'm not sure why. Perhaps the detox that I did prior? Perhaps it because I have been being so creative. Who knows? Who cares... My jeans fit me again!
I can honestly say that even after just 6 days of eating Paleo, I am feeling better. I have more energy, my brain is about 20 times sharper. This is actually what I have noticed the most. My brain isn't foggy any more. I can think. It's wonderful! Oh and did I mention my jeans fit me again? For the last... I'm not sure how long to be honest, maybe 6 months? Maybe 9? My jeans have been so tight that I avoided wearing them because I could barely sit down without getting a hernia. And that's if I could even get them up. The week before last I resorted to attempting to pull the fly up with a coat hanger (you know, hooking the hooky end through the zip tag and pulling upwards?). Even that didn't work. But I wore them to the ekka on saturday because I could get the zip up without doing that jump up and down thingy or holding my breath, and I wore them to work yesterday, and I wore them to work again today, and now they are actually loose! It's crazy! (and yes I may wash them before I wear them again... or I may not. They're jeans, it's what, at least 5 wears before the compulsory wash, right? Right? Ok maybe four).
Anyway, today I really had a sweet craving. Getting home from work at about 9pm, I really didn't feel like cooking a big meal, so I made dessert instead. Gooey, chocolatey dessert. A version of this recipe has been around for quite a while, I think I originally got it from Chocolate Covered Katie. This is my version though. And yes it's still Paleo, still Whole30, which means it has NO. ADDED. SUGAR.
Decadent Chocolate Pudding
Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
1 ripe banana
1 Tblsp of coconut cream
2-3 Tblsp organic raw cacao powder
dash of vanilla
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 Tblsp cashew nut butter (optional)
Simply throw all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. That's it! (if you are not on whole 30 and like a bit more sweetness, you can add a tsp of honey or coconut sugar, but I find that with a ripe banana, that really is enough sweetness for me. Too much sweet and it will get sickly). I added a few chopped strawberries, SUCH a great combo.
Ps. I know it sounds weird with the avocado and all, but seriously please try it before you judge it! You can't taste the avocado at all, but it's the avocado that gives the dish it's nice creamy puddingy texture. Even the banana taste is minimal (which is why I don't call it a choc-banana pudding). There's just something about the combo of ingredients that makes none of them overpowering, and you really do get just a nice chocolate pudding!
Enjoy!
Jas xx


This sounds so great Jas! One thing I'm looking forward to again in Brissie is an abundant supply of avocados. There really is nothing better than a creamy green avo.
ReplyDeleteTell me about it, I'm eating about one a day at the moment! And they're so good for you!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete