Hello there to the very few wonderful friends who I'm sure will read my first couple of blog posts out of polite curiosity and obliged support ;). I don't care how you got here or why but I'm glad you are!
I was encouraged to start this blog by a couple of wonderful friends who, after seeing some recipe posts on my facebook page, decided that the best thing for me to do would be to share my goodies with the world. World is probably a bit big right now. But I can dream, right?
I'm not the worlds greatest cook, not even close! But I am creative. I love creating random dishes, or changing up tried and true recipes. And I love sharing them. And I love knowing people might be drooling over them.
Right now, I'm doing my first day of Whole30. In a nutshell, it is 30 days of eating hardcore Paleo. If you haven't heard of "paleo", in essence it is eating what our ancestors have eaten for a millennia or two. Or however many millennia there have been. Paleo is short for Paleolithic. The theory is that our bodies really haven't had the time to adjust or evolve to eating the foods we have in abundance today. Of course I'm talking about processed foods, but also grains and dairy. Even in their natural and most unprocessed forms, our bodies have only really had a few thousand years to become accustomed to these foods. Since about 8000-5000 BC to be (not very) precise. This may sound like a long time, but, if you subscribe to the theory of evolution (or even if you don't, it's been a while since the days of Adam and Eve right?), compared to the MILLIONS of years we spent hunting and gathering, it's pretty much a drop in an ocean. Which may go some way towards explaining all the health issues we have today that stem from problems with sugar and grains. There are most likely THOUSANDS, but let's just point out Diabetes and Celiac disease to start with. Not only are we suffering from more nutrition related diseases than ever before, as a society, we just seem to be a bit "off", you know what I mean? Tired, sick, fat, depressed, anxious. I, at least, am all of those things. I would dearly love for this to change.
So, that's what I'm doing here. I'm not going to tell you that this is the absolute way because I think appropriate nutrition is going to be a bit different for everyone. But this is the challenge I want to take, so for me, for the next 30 days (God willing, or me willing, whatever), there will be no grains, no dairy, no legumes, no added sugar, and no alcohol. It's gonna be a journey. So maybe come with me?
This blog might change in direction, but for now, I'll be posting my daily (or bi-daily, or whenever really) thoughts about my journey, as well as recipes and inspiring meals that might help you out if your wanting to give this paleo thing a bit of a go.
Oh and hopefully I'll make the blog a bit prettier too ;)
xx Jas
No comments:
Post a Comment